Your next step is to get a copy of your local nuisance ordinances. Most cities and counties have ordinances that control things like noise garbage, trees and other nuisances. For example, many local ordinances prohibit unreasonable vehicle noise (like honking the car horn early every morning for a carpool) or dogs barking all night long every night. Noisy neighbors are in for a warning or even a fine. You can look up your local ordinance at city hall, a public law library or the public library. Make at least two copies of it, one for your neighbor and one for yourself.

The office of the City Clerk is located in the Citizens Square Building - Suite 110, 200 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46802. For additional information about the City Clerk contact any of the following numbers: Phone for Clerk and Council: 260-427-1221

Ordinance View