October 19, 2021 - Beginning November 1, the Fort Wayne Street Department will collect leaves in the City’s more than 400 neighborhoods. This year’s leaf pick-up will run through December 17, but weather conditions or the volume of leaves in a particular area may cause the planned schedule to shift slightly. To keep residents informed of any changes in the schedule, leaf collection updates will be provided daily before 3:00 p.m. at cityoffortwayne.org/leaves. The daily updates will include what neighborhood the crews will be working in the following day. A collection map and guidelines for the process will also be located on the web page. Additionally, residents have the option to call 260-427-2603 to hear recorded daily updates.
The 2022 Fort Wayne Leaf Pick-Up schedule
- South Neighborhoods, October 31 – November 4 & November 28 – December 2
- North Neighborhoods, November 7 – November 11 & December 5 – December 9
- Central Neighborhoods, November 14 – November 18 & December 12 – December 16
There will be no leaf collection on November 11 for Veterans Day or November 24 -25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Rake leaves to the curb or park strip by 7:00am on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don't put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. This is against the law in the State of Indiana.
- Don't burn leaves. It's a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don't place leaves in the street.
- Don't place leaves in storm drains
WANT TO SCHEDULE YOUR PICK-UP? YOU CAN!
Just place your leaves in brown paper biodegradable leaf bags, set them at the curb, and call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The leaf bags will be collected within two business days of your call to 311.