February 23, 2023 - Beginning Monday, February 27, 2023, crews will work to repair a sewer pipe on Lafayette Street. The work will require three lanes of Lafayette to be closed during construction. Other lane restrictions on Superior Street will continue for the planned consolidation sewer and stormwater pipe installation that will eventually connect to the deep rock sewer tunnel.
Beginning at 7:30 am Monday: (See attached map)
- Lafayette between Berry and Main, three lanes will be open as traffic merges down to one lane.
- Lafayette between Main and Superior, three lanes will be closed and one lane open.
- Superior between Lafayette and Clinton, one westbound lane open.
- Superior between Clinton and Barr Street, one eastbound lane open.
- The intersection at Superior and Barr will remain open.
The restrictions on Lafayette for the pipe repair are expected to last five weeks. The new pipe installation on Superior will require lane restrictions through early May.
During the construction motorists should allot extra travel time or use alternate north/south routes.