(Registration will go live the first weekday of each month at NOON)
30 minute time slots from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
May 24, 2021
This exciting opportunity allows children ages 5-12 to read to pets waiting on their forever homes. Literacy for Companionship Inc. is a local non-profit that aims to bring children and pets together through the joy of reading. FWACC's Humane Education Department's mission is to teach children empathy and kindness through animals, so the partnership is a perfect addition to our line up of existing programs.
Children will read to cats, kittens and small animals during this program.
We've implemented some changes due to COVID-19 to maintain the safety of our readers, staff and volunteers.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask
- We've limited the number of readers in each session to ensure proper social distancing
- Parents will be asked to sit with their child while they read in the room they've been assigned OR wait in their car until their child's session is over
- Readers must be registered to attend
- Anyone who is not feeling well or has a fever, cough or difficulty breathing is asked to stay at home
- The program is FREE!
- Children must be 5-12 years old to participate
This program is held here at the shelter, 3020 Hillegas Rd. Please enter in the doors to the right of the building.